Assalammualaikum w.b.t
Alhamdulillah,segala puji untuk-Nya yang memberiku peluang bernafas sehari lagi di atas muka bumi-Nya.
I am now reading The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami. It's really a thick book, typed in small font and I am not even at the half of the book.
Murakami is just brilliant. Or maybe, the translator is brilliant. I am actually not a fan of a book with many description with only few dialogues. However, reading Murukami's (although this is only my second book of his) is really captivating. The book is just a page-turner.
But something deranged me and I am now feeling... infuriated? I don't know if it is the best word to describe what I feel. I can't concentrate to continue reading.
It's about a man named Toru Okada who is unemployed. He quit his job in law firm as he wanted to work in something he really likes and find pleasure in it. But for the moment, he stays at home, doing all the chores while his wife, Kumiko act as the breadwinner.
I am currently at this 11th chapter of the book and I can greatly sense that Kumiko is cheating on Toru. She always get back from work late than usual with different mood since Toru is there to manage the household. And one day, Toru even found a yellow ribbon and a gift wrapper crumpled in the wastebasket along with a box labelled 'Dior' on it.
But Toru... He keep saying to himself, 'oh, maybe Kumiko is just tired' or 'oh, Kumiko must have a lot of work to do in this period of year' or 'but why hasn't she said anything to me about the new expensive cologne? oh, maybe Kumiko just bought herself a new cologne and had it wrapped with a pretty ribbon.'
Darn it, Toru. You remind me of someone. You are so passive and simply, easy to be manipulated. Too kind and you continually follow what other people say and do what other people ask without thinking that somehow, your 'obedience' get on somebody's nerve.
How could you accept another woman invitation for a coffee at her house late at night (almost midnight) while you knew that your wife is waiting at home? And how could you foolishly accept when that woman ask you to hold her, ask you to help her 'charge her batteries' because she's 'running out of electricity'?
I know you love your wife so damned much but you are so damned fool not to know that you are breaking her trust.
And of course, you too, darn it, Kumiko. How come people can be so selfish. If you are really cheating on your husband, if you are really seeing another man, merde, just tell him. Just spare him the truth. If you really fall for someone else, stop lying, hiding and avoiding. For once, stop the selfishness and let him go, just don't keep him any longer.
When people fall in love with another person, why do they tend to stay longer with their former partner? Do you know, being hurt by truth is much more better than being happy by lies? That is just awfully selfish. The biggest mistake in life is letting people stay longer than they deserved to.
So, merde, Kumiko.
Just tell him.
Merde again.
You.
Just tell me.
No comments:
Post a Comment